Pullman & Comley LLC
Pullman & Comley’s Colleges, Universities and Independent Schools practice combines knowledge of the unique legal needs of educational institutions with the strengths of a full-service commercial law firm, addressing both clients’ academic and “business” needs. We work directly with general counsel, senior management, and boards, as well as with human resources offices and athletic departments, acting both as trusted advisors within the institution, and forceful advocates outside of it. The relationships in our Colleges, Universities and Independent Schools practice are some of the firm’s longest, and among those in which we take particular pride. Many of the attorneys in this practice group have themselves served as trustees and directors of educational institutions, faculty members, and alumni leaders, and all of them share our clients’ intellectual and community-service missions.
The areas on which we provide counsel include:
- Contracts and procurement
- Governance and organizational issues
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Regulatory compliance, including research, data security, healthcare, Freedom of Information law
- Student issues
- Capital projects and financial matters, including the issuance of bonds, notes and leases
- Endowments and philanthropic law
- Student affairs, including educational privacy, discipline, and residency
- Employment law, including union negotiations, faculty discipline, executive compensation, and pensions
- Intellectual property
- Title IX matters, both in athletics and in sexual misconduct cases
- Real estate, including purchases, development, land use, environmental law, and property tax exemptions
- Alternative energy and energy efficiency projects
Pullman’s Education Law attorneys have developed a number of seminars and training programs, each of which can be customized to address your educational institution’s objectives and unique training needs. Every in-house training session is led by attorneys with extensive experience advising clients in the relevant subject area. To learn more contact Megan Carannante at email@example.com.
Title IX on the Nines Webinar Series
Whether you are a Title IX coordinator, investigator, decision-maker or an administrator looking to stay current, join Pullman & Comley on the 9th of every month at 9:00 a.m. for a webinar on current hot topics and latest developments in Title IX. To learn more, contact TitleIXonTheNines@pullcom.com.
Education Law Notes Blog
The attorneys in our education law practice provide alerts, commentary and insights on federal and Connecticut law as it pertains to educational institutions, including post-secondary colleges and universities. We invite you to subscribe to Education Law Notes at https://www.pullcom.com/education-law-notes.
Pullman & Comley invites you to learn more about us at www.pullcom.com/practices-colleges-universities-independent-schools .